♥ Thursday, May 28, 2009
YCDI - I took Sec 2D with Jovita, Henzy, Bing Yu and Felicia at Victoria School on 17 May 2009. Before we met up with our class, we gathered at the school auditorium to brief the students about the upcoming programme for them - You can do it!
Nic was the emcee, as usual. During the introduction of Trybe to them, Nic asked for a volunteer to do a skit. A boy from my class came down (I'm sorry. I forgot his name.) and Raffy was the co-actor. It was a pretty hilarious sight as I've never seen Raffy behaved in that way before! Apparently, it was pretty typical of him to behave in that manner. If not, Nic wouldn't have requested for him to come down!
Anyway, out of the few volunteers that were needed, 3 of them were from 2D. So from there, I could guess what kinda class 2D was already - noisy yet enthusiastic!
After the briefing cum introduction, we went to a classroom and then we conducted our programme there.
I realised there are more things to talk about if you write your dream as 'pro gamer'. So, on the second day, instead of writing graphic designer, I wrote pro gamer. and true enough, I was able to relate to the students better as most of them play lan games!
On the second day, I took Sec 2E with Jasmine and Hafiz. There was this boy who called himself "Alan Eric". So I got curious.
"So...your name is Alan or Eric? Which do people call you by?"
"Alan. I don't like the name Eric. So not nice! Actually I also don't like Alan. I prefer the name Jeremy."
"o...k...."
But after that, I realised that his name was actually Jeremy. He usually wrote his name as Alan Eric to bluff new teachers -.-" And from him, I got to know that he was the son of a pastor in his church (...something...Trinity...)
There were two boys on wheelchairs in the class but I must say that I applauded them for their enthusiasm and spirit. In fact, I want to compliment the whole class for not ostracizing them just because they were disabled. In addition, the Chinese could mix with the non-Chinese students pretty well and they spoke English to one another so that no one would get left out. How sweet is that?! (okay. maybe it's just cos their Chinese were very lousy lah...)
But yeah, it was indeed fun to be at VS and really, I do hope that the boys had taken home with them a lesson that each individual CAN succeed in life as long as they put their hearts into it. Certainly, I've heard this many times but it was only when I assisted Trybe into conducting this programme that I realised I truly believed in such vision - Every Youth,A Success Story.
3sa impacted lives at 2:57 AM